We are uncovering better ways of developing Agile solutions by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work, we have come to value:
Our Agile Coach Values
- Individuals and interactions over processes and frameworks.
- Humane Solutions over comprehensive frameworks.
- Team collaboration over framework adherence.
- Responding to change over following a framework.
While there is value in the items on the right, we value the left more.
Our Agile Coach Principles
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the needs of our teams through the early and continuous delivery of humane solutions.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development.
- Agile processes harness change for the team's competitive advantage.
- Deliver humane solutions frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Coaches and teams must work together daily throughout the journey.
- Build solutions around motivated individuals.
- Give them the environment and support they need and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a team is honest and collaborative conversation.
- Humane solutions and sustainable improvements are the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development.
- The sponsors, coaches, and teams should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Continuous attention to leadership excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity--the art of maximizing the amount of change not needing to be done at once--is essential.
- The best solutions, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the coaches and team reflect on becoming more effective and then refining their approach accordingly.
…these are OUR Values and Principles.
And this is Our Agile Coach Manifesto.